After seeing the movie Zelda and I found so many things that fascinated us in New Moon. It’s always the little things that make a film special for me. So in honor to our favorite parts in Chris Weitz’ awesome adaptation, we now proudly present the 1st How To Dazzle Awards, handed out by an unbelievably dazzling jury consisting of… well,uhm, Zelda and me!
And the award goes to…
1. Best make-up: Rob’s airbrushed on abs in the Volterra scene. And just in case that one doesn’t count because it’s not really what anyone woud call make-up, we pick Dakota Fanning’s Jane make-up. Simply because it looked awesome and kind of creepy at the same time.
2. Best intentionally funny moment: Emmett grinning and saying “Dating an older girl, hot!” and Edward’s face when he realizes the joke, hilarious. Lucky Bella didn’t hear that. She would have totally freaked out, cause you know, age’s a touchy subject for her…
3. Best song: Lykke Li – Possibility because it’s so melancholy beautiful and fits the scene where the months pass for Bella so well. Just in case you don’t remember it properly, enjoy it again here:
4. Best line: Jacob talking Quileute to Bella right before the phone rings. I cannot write the line down here cause to be honest I have no idea how to spell it, sorry! Nevertheless the jury (Zelda and I) found this so heartwrenching and cute. Jake, if she doesn’t want you, you can talk Quileute to me anytime you want, ifyouknowwhatimsaying….
5. Best CGI Wolf: The one where Jacob transforms mid-air to save Bella from Paul. I mean, how cool is that?
Taylor Lautner sporting best abs AND best outfit...
6. Best outfit: Jorts, definitely jorts! Basically because they’re not really an outfit at all. Major win! Show us what you got, guys!
7. Best special effect: Edward sparkling in the sun, just because he looks absolutely dazzling there. This is how it is done, Cathy Hardwicke! Chris really beat your ass there! Thanks a lot for finally making Edward shimmer as if he consisted of diamonds, this is how it’s supposed to be. Cause you all know what’s said about diamonds and girls, right?
8. Best abs: Taylor Lautner as Jacob. I have no idea what they did with him in between Twilight and New Moon but damn he looks ripped! Those abs are beyond a six-pack. They even got a tribute scene of their own aka Jacob standing half-naked on the street stopping Edward’s car with his abs. Awesome!
Rachelle Lefevre aka the most dazzling redhead in the whole wide world
9. Best hair: Rachelle Lefevre as Victoria, no one can compete with this! Wish I had her hair… instead I’m stuck with stupid long brown Bella hair… maybe a bit more beautiful than Bella’s (perhaps a result of not wearing a stupid hairband all the time like a seven year old girl…) but still no comparison to Rachelle’s. I’m not only gonna miss her in Eclipse but her hair as well, I guess…
10. Best scene: The one where you see the months pass for Bella. Because it’s simply perfect! I cannot imagine this one any better. The sad song, Bella looking horrible sitting on her chair, staring out the window completely motionless and most of all, the names of the months. I so wanted to see them on screen, and I got them.
This might be the actual reason why I want to marry Chris Weitz… or at least name my first child in honor to him…
So this were our personal winners. At lest the ones we noticed while watching New Moon for the first time. Wanna see us handing out the Dazzling Raspberry for the not so amazing parts? Because we will! Not today though. Today we simply enjoy Chris Weitz’ brilliant work some more…
Off to dye my hair to make it look like Rachelle’s (as if that would ever work…)
What were your favorite parts? Which things did you not like that much? Any categories we forgot to mention? Leave us a comment or e-mail us!
Read Full Post »